- Mastercard is looking for a strategic, passionate and high impact communicator to lead the communications function across the Middle East & Africa.
- We’re looking for an outstanding professional who is:
o driven and inherently curious, always eager to find a better way to do things and take things to the next level.
o works well under demanding timelines and has a keen eye for detail, able to deliver projects to the highest level.
o excels at building relationships and strives for excellence in everything you do.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s leading technology companies. Mastercard is a force for good, working to help empower and include people around the world. Our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. We attract and retain top talent from diverse backgrounds and industries by building a world-class culture based on decency, respect and inclusion. Find out more about working at Mastercard here
- Strategy & Planning
o Works in close partnership with global and local Mastercard teams and agency partners to develop and drive integrated communications plans in alignment with business objectives and priorities.
o Develops and executes annual MEA communications plan spanning traditional and social media, employee communications, events and CSR/volunteering.
- External Communications
o Develop and lead corporate communications narratives and programs that convey the value that Mastercard delivers to various stakeholders and support the company’s strategy and priorities. Employ a variety of channels including speeches, videos, e-mails, webcasts, PowerPoint presentations, social media and media events.
o Work with account teams and regional colleagues to provide corporate and executive messaging for major customer events, business pitches/development efforts, regional advisory board meetings and customer forums.
o Leads on all crisis and issues management communications across the region.
- Internal Communications
o Manage the internal communications function across MEA to support a positive internal culture, encourage knowledge and experience-sharing and support Mastercard’s vision of being a place where the best people choose to be.
o Partner with colleagues in other business units/regions to develop company-wide employee communications that drive culture change; underscore corporate strategy and vision; highlight corporate and business unit results; and support Worldwide Communications’ plans.
- Executive Communications
o Develop communications for Mastercard executives, ensuring that members of senior management are speaking with one voice on key topics. Identify and secure external speaking opportunities, and work to leverage these opportunities in a variety of ways.
o Managing the Regional President’s Communications which includes managing the written as well as face to face communication of the President with the staff in the region. Output managed by this role include the president’s staff memo, memos highlighting business wins, writing the president’s blog for the regional and social media channels, as well as organizing the regular face to face sessions with staff in MEA.
o Manages external communications events calendar for MEA and holds responsibility for overseeing execution/delivery of defined events.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
o Oversee the CSR and philanthropy program for the region and working with the markets to assist them in planning and implementing their localized initiatives.
- Supplier & Agency Management
o Oversee the management of creative agencies, writers, consultants and vendors. The role holder will work closely with the regional agency to manage the communication and approval process for press releases and other organizational announcements.
Profile & Key Skills
- Highly collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop new and original content and communications programs with minimal guidance
- Marketing background appreciated
- Trusted counselor on issues related to communications and reputation, with experience in crisis and issues management.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a commitment to the highest quality standards.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail, with extensive experience working with creative agencies, writers, consultants and vendors.
- Exceptional media relations skills with the ability to pitch and shape stories, and with extensive knowledge of media/journalists in MEA.
- Ability to focus and prioritize on a variety of activities and announcements in a dynamic, creative and fast paced environment.
- Exceptional command of the English language with clear written and verbal communications capability.
- Digital first mindset with experience of working on influencer campaigns.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization with multiple internal stakeholder groups.
- Experienced people leader with the ability to motivate and inspire high impact teams.
- The position will be based out of Mastercard’s Dubai Office and travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.