No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Retail Analyst – Regional
Reports to: GM Retail Finance & Investment (dotted Line Director Leasing)
Department: Al Futtaim Group Real Estate – Retail
Location: Dubai with Regional responsibility
The purpose of this role is to manage the creation (as part of the annual budgeting process) and monitor the progress (quarterly and monthly) of the revenue forecast for both the AFGRE operational Malls and the development schemes within the regional portfolio
Reporting directly to the Director of Leasing, the Analyst will be responsible for providing complete accuracy and clear understanding of both contractual and pipeline revenue across the mall portfolio on a day-to-day basis. This will then enable the management team to make strategic decisions based on the data the analyst has supplied.
The role will also support AFGRE’s senior management team in terms of analysis of market trends, control and administration of the Yardi Advanced Budgeting and Forecasting module, and assistance with strategic planning/forecasting including contribution to the development feasibility creation/management (from a lease revenue perspective)
The ideal candidate would have significant experience working for a mall developer/operator in the leasing/asset management teams, be commercially and detail oriented, have a strong analytical mind with the ability to identify and strengthen areas of business risk and formulation of an appropriate actions plan or recommendations
Regional Leasing Team:
The Analyst is a key member of the Mall Leasing and Management team which is responsible for the successful performance of the mall portfolio across Dubai, Egypt, Doha, KSA and Oman (plus new geographies) including coordination and reporting for support and analysis to the AFGRE Mall Mangers and Group Director Leasing, Retail Investment.
- Management and responsibility for the revenue data within Yardi, utilising this database (tenancy schedule, lease terms) to ensure accurate revenue forecast is available at all times through the finance year
- Collate and analyse retail business review packs for the different malls, identify areas of risk, opportunity and improvement and provide commentary on the significance of numbers for the management. Advise on the merits of Leasing deals against budget
- Work closely with the Finance and Reporting teams in each asset to ensure they have a consistent and accurate resource for the compilation of monthly Financial reporting packs (P/L, Cash Flow) and are able to report trend analysis and commentary on those numbers
- Utilise the standard reporting from Yardi to ensure business reports are distributed in a timely manner and available on request. Play an active role in standardizing and improving reporting structure for these asset categories as well
- Cater to Adhoc requests on reporting from Group Finance or internal AFGRE management
The Analyst shall ensure that the following are embraced and upheld as the main guidelines for operation and reporting:
- The AFGRE mission, vision and values
- The policies and process of Al Futtaim Malls
- The delegation of authority and key operating guidelines
- The Dubai real estate laws and guidelines
- Shareholder requirements and reporting
- Best practice real estate asset management and investment
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Accounting / Finance qualification (Semi-Qualified or Qualified Accounting Professional or MRICS)
- University Degree in Business related qualification
- Knowledge of Yardi ERP Software is necessary; SAP useful
- 5-6 years of post-graduate experience out of which minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of mall management/leasing type environment, and majority in the Real Estate industry in a similar role
- Experience in Real Estate / Construction / Project Management industries will be preferred
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS, real estate operations, Dubai real estate laws and guidelines will also be preferred
- Analytical bent of mind
- Attention to detail
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Commercial acumen
- Sound technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal format
- Internal and external stakeholder presentations
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with people from different backgrounds and teams
- Ability to think holistically and understand the impact of financial transactions on the overall business and shareholder value
- Ability to approach problem solving with simplicity and logic, and to present solutions on financial matters to non-finance professionals
- Ability to manage time appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure without losing control over tasks assigned
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.