Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be working as Project Manager and will be a part of the Electrification business area for Distribution Solutions division based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be reporting to Service Manager. You will be responsible for leading the execution of medium-size projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Defining jointly with the project controls department regarding all project plan documents, including scope and financial, schedule and risk management plans.
- Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Monitoring effectively and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Capturing, analyzing and sharing lessons learned throughout the project. Ensuring that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinating with supply chain management, and successfully procuring required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supporting supply chain management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Acting as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- A bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
- Strong understanding of MV or LV switchgear systems, LV components, VFD’s, soft starters, PLC’s.
- Understanding of protections relays project commercial matters would be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of MS Office, MS project, SAP etc.
- Required exp in handling commercial documents.
- Required strong leadership and communication skill.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.