Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 22/Jul/2020
Unposting Date: 05/Aug/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Business Development in Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) Digital Channels and Data Analytics, serves as a single client-facing Centre of Excellence to support Sales and RM teams with enabling CCIB digital product integration, digital solution design (ensuring products and platforms meet client needs), as well as strategic partnership development (building out third-party capabilities) to enable superior digital outcomes for clients and SCB across CCIB Business verticals. CCIB Business Development comprises Digital Client Solutions, Strategic Digital Partnerships, and Platform Partnerships.
- Strategic Partnerships will drive strategic digital roadmap, solutioning and product alignment with larger global New Economy and Fintech clients. Core to the role will be close collaboration and support for key business stakeholders across Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Global Banking as well as Operations and Technology. Through leadership in solutioning and Digital client coverage you will support and enable CCIB Business and product lines to reach their growth targets and commercial objectives and ensure full alignment to CCIB Digital and CCIB wide strategy and goals. Clear objectives and targets to drive overall digital roadmap and support business verticals to increase enabled revenue addressable wallet and wallet share through superior client outcomes and strategic alignment of resources.
- Work with stakeholders to provide digital client solutioning development and growth for AME across corporate and Financial Institutions (FI) segment.
- Work in close collaboration with stakeholders across Financial Market (FM), Transaction Banking (TB) Product teams and client relationship managers to identify client opportunities in the rapidly evolving eCommerce segment.
- Benchmark our digital solutions against our industry peers.
- Work in close collaboration with CCIB digital channels and innovation unit in solutioning and product development.
- Manage and track pipelines to ensure delivery against our KPIs
- Provide a high level of professionalism in conducting client consultations and workshops related to the marketing and trainings related to the platforms.
- Structure solutions and product positioning base on client’s profile and requirements by working with FM sales, TB and Client relationship teams especially for more complex deals which will might require working with multiple teams to deliver a robust solution to the client.
- Provide/support customized training sessions for significant new relationships.
- Conduct regular business review meetings with clients to ensure on-going product satisfaction and usage, introduce new features, cross-sell capabilities, and build client loyalty.
- Provide continuous feedback to product teams of emerging trends in the market and client needs for product evolution.
- Effectively represent product offering and value proposition in industry events and SCB organized events.
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Awareness and understanding of main risks for the new emerging fintech companies.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct.
- Timely completion of all e-learning, attestations and requests for information.
- Work with legal and compliance to ensure adherence to local and cross border regulations.
- To ensure completion of any training / training especially if these are related to risk management framework.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the US / Financial Markets /eCommerce Sales to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FM Sales & Trading, Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and various internal divisions (IT, Operations, Legal, etc)
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong experience with a proven track record of working in digital solutioning and sales.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand business needs and translate into business opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills. Capable to deliver well-structured communication and presentation of complicated business concepts.
- Deep understanding of wholesale banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and transform end-to-end processes.
- Team oriented, goals oriented, and flexible with proven track record in collaboration with multiple stakeholders and driving results, specially via influence management.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.