- Open to the public
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Definite not to Exceed (18 Months)
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Note: All applicants must currently hold or be able to acquire a UAE residency visa to fill the position. For non-UAE national, the Mission assists in obtaining the required residency visa to lawfully work in the UAE. Ref. to Eligibility Question #2 and Vacancy Question #1: If a non-UAE national has a valid UAE residency visa, they should answer Yes to Eligibility Q#2 and Vacancy Q#1, and attach a copy of residency visa.
Basic Function of the Position : The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties. Serves as primary administrative and logistics contact in Consulate Expo Liaison Office (CELO), providing the full range of administrative, logistical and financial management support to CELO, CELO staff, Washington Expo Unit staff in UAE, and other temporary duty personnel associated with CELO and the U.S. pavilion at Expo 2020 . This position also provides entry/exit and logistical/administration support for Temporary Duty (TDY) staff, official travelers and delegations, and VIP Expo visitors to Dubai and UAE. Answers phone calls and emails, prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, schedules meetings and manages calendars, obtain office supplies and services . Contribute to “hot wash”, best practices, SOPs, handbooks, and other written resources as related to visits and events. This position is the unit’s primary liaison to the Consulate’s GSO sections (VIP/travel/procurement etc.). Employee performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: 2 years of progressively responsible experience working in administrative and/or the services industries in an English-speaking consulate or company is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Basic understanding of U.S. office procedures and practices and financial management, Knowledge of United States and local protocol practices, Must have a basic understanding UAE contracting/procurement/rental/leasing laws, customs, and practices.
- Completion of Secondary School or Local Mandatory Schooling and received high school diploma is required
LANGUAGE: Level 3 in English required.“This may be tested”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Must be attentive to detail and able to respond to requests quickly and thoroughly.
- Must be resourceful and able to find creative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act effectively on short notice and when under significant stress.
- Must exercise good judgment.
- Should have expertise in customer service and operations management.
- Must be available after hours to accommodate last minute changes or challenges, if necessary.
- Good computer skills, including competence in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook, required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (Dubai/UAE) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dubai/UAE.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.