Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It’s never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
Department: Supply Chain / Corporate Quality
Job Position: Technical Quality Assistant -Factory
Reports to: Assistant Quality Manager- Lipton Jebel Ali Factory
Location: Dubai Lipton Jebel Ali Factory
Main purpose of the role:
- Drive quality improvements on the shop floor
- Ensure eliminating machine related defects through implementation of kaizen
- Ensure eliminating Man related defects through implementation of error proof solutions.
- Implementing the digital solutions to drive quality digital agenda in the factory
- Ensure perfect implementation and execution of digital solutions to drive quality digital agenda.
- Experienced in assembly of all electrical components, control panel building, hardwiring on new equipment’s to be performed as per drawings and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of electrical schematic, and instrumentation schematic
- Responsible for troubleshooting, design, implementation, and document control solutions for PLC programming.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints
- Experience using control logic and ladder logic.
- Development and support of PLCs (Program Logic Control) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) programs for use on production lines or industrial
- Check older PLC installations for programming and wiring deficiencies. Make recommendations for updates and execute changes.
- Experience using PLC to create line control.
- Experience in PLC programming and control system automation, preferably in Siemens (TIA Portal).
- Monitoring of PRPs, OPRPs and CCPs of LJA’s food safety management system
- Initiate correction in case of variation from the defined standards
- Report the variation to the management and ensure the corrective actions are taken to eliminate the recurrence of the issue and validate the corrective actions are sufficient
- identifying the extend of the defective products, based on the analysis incident must be reported based on Unilever Incident management protocol
- Monitoring of process parameters in the production line and taking corrective actions in case of variation from the control limits
- Measuring of product characteristics and taking corrective actions in case of variation from the control limits
- Delivering trainings to the shop floor employees based on LJA training plan
- Support in evaluation and building standards for new products and innovations
- Quality organization of the sourcing Unit (LJA)
- Language – English literacy
- Computer proficiency
- PLC Programming
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Basic knowledge in quality control
- Problem solving
- Electrical background
- Reporting and report writing
- 3yrs+ experience in PLC programming
- Experience in quality control
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.