As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. Our career opportunities span from our home base in the UAE out to the shores of Singapore and we are in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, working with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Toshiba. Our multicultural and multinational team gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
General Manager – Operations
Reporting – Managing Director
Direct Reports – 5
Location – Primary – Rashidiya, Hertz Airport Road / Secondary – Eyebrow building, Marsa Plaza, DFC
- The Operations area within Financial Services, Rental and Leasing will combine all contract and vehicle management functions for brokerage (F&I), leasing and rental business. In addition, the management of vehicle procurement, on- and off-lease and yard operations is within the responsibility of the GM Operations. He/she will be involved in strategy formulation and spearheading the execution of the same. He/she will be instrumental in ensuring optimal resource utilization, creating a highly efficient team covering all operational back office function. Organically nurture and develop talented managers and other high performers, keeping them challenged and effectively deployed.
- Apply innovation and continuous improvement mind-set to reorganize his business in order to make faster decisions, improve execution, and reduce costs.
- In addition, the GM needs to conduct their supervisory operations and implementation such as running the business day-to-day by producing sound plans, spotting problems and opportunities early, and responding smartly to them.
- The jobholder plays a crucial role as member of the Senior Management Team of Al Futtaim Financial Services and will maintain important relationships to the senior team of the entire Al Futtaim Automotive division. In this role he/she will be representing the business unit when dealing the regulatory authorities (Central Bank, RTA, MOI) and with other key partners (key customers, suppliers etc.)
Strategic planning and execution
- Design strategy and set goals, KPI’s for growth and efficiency
- Planning and developing short and long-term goals, time projects and objectives
- Supporting the establishment of Al Futtaim Automotive mobility strategy and centres of excellence
Data analytics and performance optimization
- Review operational KPI’s, OPI’s and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement such as turn-around-times.
Day to day activities
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
Set-up and management of our core operations units:
- Financial Services operations (contract management, brokerage, banking relations)
- Fleet operations
- Procurement and supplier management
- Government relations
- Rental operations
- Lease operations
- Customer service & retention (BDC)
Team development and performance management
- Establish a succession planning framework and ensure that high performing staff are adequately motivated and rewarded with challenging opportunities to further develop, enhance and showcase their skills
- Ensure regular reviews are conducted on an ongoing basis, with proper feedback and action plan to address any gaps
- Establish & follow up on Personal/Individual Development Plans for the year
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Control budgets and optimize expenses
Banking relations, procurement, supplier and vendor management (including Govt. relations)
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits
- Engage with key partner banks to ensure smooth functioning our White Label brokerage operation
Candidate Qualifications, Experience, & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- University graduate with over 15 years of experience in Financial Services and Automotive of which at least 5 years should be as a head of a business unit with significant people responsibility
- Languages: Fluent English, Arabic is beneficial
- Wide experience in Leadership & coaching
- Motivating stakeholder & interpersonal management skills
- Strategic planning ability and an eye for detail
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Data analytics
- Communication & collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
- Strong collaborator on all levels
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.