Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 22/Sep/2020
Unposting Date: 06/Oct/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure proper check and controls are in place to avoid any potential losses.
- Recommend and manage workflow changes for greater efficiency.
- Drive the Digital Agenda.
- Ensure proper service standard within the branch
- Identify Service Quality initiatives to acquire and retain customers.
- Improve workflow and processes to maintain highest quality of service delivery.
- Ensure customer are attended within the agreed timeframe, and drive to the Digital channels where possible
- Ensure compliance of laid down process and procedures.
- Facilitate and Implement work process improvements.
- To ensure compliance with Global Process Standards on Customer Data Confidentiality
- Ensure customer is served within the agreed timeframe as per the branch process.
- Ensure that cash availability at branch is always adequate to meet customer withdrawal requirements
- Ensure all critical reports are checked and monitored on a timely basis
Leadership, People and Talent
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to the team members by setting objective, managing performance, identifying development needs and motivating.
- Ensure that front line staff undergoes formal initial and ongoing formal training requirements and that all further development needs are met through workplace coaching, classroom training and other solutions as appropriate
- To be able to detect any suspicious transactions, Money laundering, forgeries etc
- Highest compliance with reference to Anti Bribery, Anti Money Laundering & Combating Financial Crime Risk procedures.
- Ensure timely reporting of all near-misses/actual losses whether incurred on account of fraud or operational loss
- Ensure all GPS standards are followed and adhered.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Good knowledge of groups policies, standards, local regulations and legislations of the prevention of money laundering.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key Internal Stakeholders
- Branch Manager
- Universal Banker
- Branch Operation & Support Officer
- Central Operations & CMO
- Country Money Laundering Preventing Officer
- Legal & Compliance
- Phone Banking, CCU
- Digital Banking
- Ability to foster a friendly and co-operative work environment.
- Educate customers on using of other delivery channels.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external regulations
- ORF/Process universe adoption and governance
- Ensuring highest standard of conduct.
- Compliance with Global AML & CDD standards
Our Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of Branch Operations & Service and Regulations.
- Anti Money laundering, Sanctions/Compliance Training and Basic Banking Practice
- Very good communication skills in English and preferably also in Arabic
- Leadership Skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.