There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Lead on internal communications activities by interacting with cross functional departments with a focus on our mindset, culture, priorities and strategic direction; continue shift from traditional one-voice internal communication to user-engaged and led leader/employee engagement.
- Enhance corporate reputation by shifting target audiences and means of communication.
- Create and align corporate communications plan to drive business priorities & deliver impact.
- Enhance and ensure corporate communications plan aligns with future mobility vision of the organization and delivers results for raising leadership positioning.
- Create communications plan to drive OnStar launch in the region, as well as other future mobility developments, planning and announcements. Craft internal plan for driving education and excitement.
- Assess, analyze and lead on community-engaged activities in the region.
- Interact with senior leadership and provide communications support and counsel for corporate & leadership messages and speeches.
- Establish visionary leadership positioning in the market utilizing different media outlets.
- Monitor the media coverage and tonality progress on a monthly basis and benchmark against targets. Use flexibility and creativity to adjust plans across year to deliver on targets and make most impact.
- Build and maintain relationships with core media, influencers and stakeholders.
- Continue to evolve crisis & issues management and bring always-on anticipation and regular crisis simulations to support reaction and best practice of scenarios.
- Support the delivery of real-time, seamless issues management briefings to senior management as required.
- Manage budget on a monthly basis across internal events, corporate visits & support.
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate to accomplish the job requirements.
Additional Job Description
Grade profile – 7
Bachelor Degree – Business Communications
Detail-Oriented, Interpersonal Relationships, Presentations, Project Management, Story Mapping, Workflow Organization, Writing
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.