IKEA Supply Middle East DWC-LLC (ISME) is the main seller of goods to IKEA Franchisees in the Middle East. ISME supports and drives improvements in the current and future Logistics and Distribution Network within Middle East.
We are strategically located in the DWC free zone in Dubai to cater for an efficient goods flow with minimum of lead time for the inbound flow.
IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (ISMY) serves the same purpose as ISME for the South East Asia (SEA) markets and also India, Australia East and future new markets within the region.
The IKEA business focuses on opportunities and involves risk taking every day. In Inter IKEA Group, these risks are taken in a compliant and responsible way. The Risk & Health Compliance function supports the business to safeguard the IKEA brand by identifying, anticipating on and navigating through opportunities and risks on the base of IKEA values and culture. Together with effective monitoring and follow-up, this leads to risk aware decision taking and practical business control.
Risk Management & Compliance works closely together with the various organisational levels and provides support to:
1. Strengthen the IKEA brand and protect our assets
2. Maintain an overall risk & health awareness culture
3. Steer and lead compliance activities
The purpose of the role is to implement a proactive risk management approach which is well accepted and understood by the business stakeholders, ensuring risks are identified, assessed and key risks are treated adequately.
Conduct and/or oversee compliance activities in a business oriented and consistent way across the different parts of the business.
Implement and oversee monitoring activities in a business oriented way, consistent across the different parts of the business. Guide and verify that the business runs in a compliant way, according to Inter IKEA Group Policies, Standards and Rules but also in alignment with applicable regulatory requirements.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders and ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined.
Risk Management, Compliance & Internal Control
- Ensure that Emergency Response (Crisis Management) Plans and trainings are in place in accordance with Inter IKEA Group standards. Secure a consolidated CMT plans connecting all business units in the legal unit.
- Co-ordinate with all Business Units and secure the local implementation of Business Continuity Plan, in accordance with Inter IKEA Group Standards.
- Responsible for the IIG annual Risk Register on the legal unit.
- Highlight potential compliance issues with applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders of local laws (e.g. Corporate responsibility on fraud), and co-ordinate the response within the entity and legal organisation. Specific requirements to secure license renewal & validity.
- Support P&C on business ethics compliance; update training material with local relevant case studies (e.g. IKEA Way of doing business).
- Safeguard of Company assets; securing the appropriate insurance, compliance to local laws, licensing , routine check/ report.
- Ensure 1st level of investigation (when required) is executed according to the Inter IKEA Group Rule. (e.g. breach of internal control and non-compliance to policies and documented working process)
- 2nd level control assessment of documented working process (Entity level, Finance, HR, Custom, Safety & Health)
- Member to HSEE Committee which consists of internal legal unit members and external service providers, ensure the local and Inter IKEA Health & Safety rules are fully implemented.
- Understanding of the IKEA core business and IKEA culture
- Understanding of the business processes and the customer needs
- Demonstrate senior leadership & management skills
- Understanding of IKEA governance structure and steering documents
- Understanding of risk management frameworks Understanding of compliance frameworks Understanding of change management at IKEA Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Understanding of Information Security and Data Privacy frameworks
- Ability to inspire people via coaching and influencing Excellent communication skill – verbal & written
- Ability to create, implement, execute and follow up on plans to deliver outstanding results
- High integrity and level of independence
- Proficiency in local national language an added advantage
- Senior leadership skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Self-reliant with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Integrity, Impartial and Independent
- Excellent understanding of IKEA Business and way of working Proficiency in local national language an added advantage (Verbal / written)
- Strong Analytical skills
We are looking for candidates with these traits:
- Passion for people, IKEA business model and values and the IKEA Brand
- Ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to drive the risk compliance action plans
- Strong networking and communication capabilities
Come see things a little differently with us.
If you are looking for a challenging career in a multi-racial environment, this will be a great opportunity to prove your talent! Send us your online application before 15 October 2020. We apologise that we are unable to process applications thru email. Only applications applied online will be considered.
For further information or questions regarding this position and recruitment, please write to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.