Job Number 20044777
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Dubai, The Palm, The Palm Island Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in butler services, guest relations, or related professional area; completion of a formal butler training program.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; completion of a formal butler training program.
- Manages day-to-day butler services operations verifying that quality and standards exceed the expectations of guests on a daily basis. This includes all pre-arrival activities, Butler Service Desk operations, and Butler staff in order to provide a seamless butler program for guests.
- Manages VIP guests. Recognizes repeat and important guests and builds rapport in order to develop personal guest contact, obtains preferences and proactively anticipates guest needs and requirement.
- Manages VIP guests’ schedules as appropriate to support potential needs.
- Manages the guest experience so that a high level of privacy is afforded and confidentiality is kept on behalf of VIP guests when possible.
- Supervises Butler Service Desk and verifies resources provide seamless services during the on-site guest journey.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and communicates clear and consistent messages through stand-ups regarding the Butler team updates and goals to produce desired results.
- Obtains list of check-ins and VIP guests both to prepare work assignments for the Butler team.
- Keeps the Butler team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among departments such as Front Office and Housekeeping whose touch points intersect with butler services and Butler team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors and sets the bar for execution of butler services through training and mentorship.
- Continuously strives with the team to provide the bespoke and uncompromising services.
- Supports and trains other departments who deliver on signature services (e.g., housekeeping, room inspections, delivery).
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Sets the standard and tone for how Butler team members drive guest relations.
- Coaches team members to recognize and build rapport with guests.
- Establishes processes to obtain guest preferences and proactively anticipate guest needs and requirements.
- Verifies Butler teams manage guests’ schedules to anticipate potential needs.
- Verifies Butler teams maintain a high level of privacy, discretion and confidentiality on behalf of guests when possible.
- Verifies Butler teams address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner, consistent with company policy.
- Fosters positive guest relations by coaching team members to actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust. ?
- Assists other employees to verify proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of product and supplies in support of butler services.
- Manages departmental budget in such a way that the overall property financial goals are met, and supporting staff are educated on relevant details as appropriate.
- Interviews, hires and develops Butler team members with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Reviews staffing levels and modifies as appropriate so that butler services are delivered at the expected level, balanced with meeting financial and operational objectives. In reviewing staffing levels, creates monthly/weekly schedules, meeting departmental and individuals’ needs. Includes control of attendance by using software used by Human Resources Department.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same within the team.
- Verifies recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.