About BDP International:
BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.1 billion USD. Founded in 1966 by Richard Bolte Sr. and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, BDP has grown to be one of the largest logistics providers in the world. BDP employs more than 4,000 people worldwide, and operates freight logistics centers in 270 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures and affiliates in 135 countries.
The company serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Clients include Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Heineken USA, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Revlon, Trek Bicycle, Wacker, and others.
Coordination and execution of customer orders in accordance with their requirements and/or procedures based on BDP Ethics.
- Order processing management
- Customer order plausibility analysis
- Planning / Booking / Transportation orders
- Coordination/follow up of the shipment
- Customs processing (export/import)
- Documentation/administration/invoicing / filing
- Feedback to the customer (internal and external reporting of the shipments to the customer) by various means (mail, phone, EDI)
- Operational troubleshooting
- Non-conformance reporting in accordance with the KPI’s.
- Cooperation with approved subcontractors in accordance with agreed rates
- End to end processing
- Punctual and flawless order handling and documentation
Qualifications / Experience:
- +3 years of detailed experience of logistics and forwarding operations/regulations and documentation
- Preferable a professional degree by a licensed educational institution specialized in logistics and forwarding.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Software applications and /or other market leading software applications.
- The ideal candidate must have two (2) to three (3) of experience handling ocean export functions
- Prefer at least one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a operations environment.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced office.
- Good communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Candidate must possess a strong team work attitude.
- Leadership experience is a strongly desired.
- Candidate must be PC literate with MS Office applications.
Please note: There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening.
Compensation based on experience. We offer a very competitive salary, full benefits, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and casual dress environment.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.