No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for F&B and to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are driven to exceed goals through people. You have interest to serve customers, and provide excellent service.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- You should be having minimum qualification of high school
- 3 to 5 years experience working in a retail business preferably F&B.
- Experience preferably in a high volume food service/hospitality environment
- knowledge of food production and food safety
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise.
- Teamwork, Individual accountability and continuous improvement
About the Role
You will support IKEA FOOD in driving Swedish Food Market sales through effective selling and merchandising skills in a fast, friendly and efficient way, thus strengthening the IKEA store’s position as the best home furnishing store in the local market.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Implement and monitor SFM Activities in the Store Commercial Calendar.
- Ensure that all SFM articles are merchandised and presented according to IKEA standards and is properly labelled and price
- Ensure that Swedish Food Market is ready before the store opens.
- Conducts monthly stock take and facilitate inventory control of all Swedish Food Market articles around IKEA FOOD and the IKEA store
- Ensure that guidelines on Swedish Food Market operation and commercial growth review is adhered to
- Ensure that all operational checklists is done as scheduled and required action plan is implemented and followed-up in a timely manner.
- Ensure excellent service at all times through the use of efficient service and cashiering methods.
- Provides a positive shopping experience through a high level of customer service standard and cleanliness within the area.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.