Commercial Support Team (CST)/Reports to Senior Manager, Pricing
Place of work/Travel:
Dubai, UAE/Occasional requirement to visit projects and/or other corporate offices
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: CST, Regional Directors, Finance
Externally: Suppliers / clients
The Manager, Pricing is responsible for the timely development of accurate Excel-based cost models to inform the company on the cost base of new business opportunities. Models must address all cost inputs, be logical and simplistic, follow best practice and provide a record of assumptions essential for the mobilisation and delivery of successful bids.
The incumbent will have primary responsibility for testing the GardaWorld pricing assumptions and methodology. This will require studying actual data from the company financial records and speaking with colleagues from the various departments which provide cost inputs during the bidding process.
In addition, they will also assess current projects for opportunities to drive out additional margin and revenue. This requires testing the efficiency of cost recovery and the utilisation of assets.
The above two points are to assist with the continuous improvement of the pricing process which is vital for the company to make informed decisions.
- Undertaking detailed commercial assessments of opportunities once assigned as the pricing Lead;
- playing a significant role in data collection from current projects to inform/improve the Company’s bid performance;
- continuing to evolve the costing and pricing tools & processes used by the CST;
- upon contract award, furnishing the GardaWorld Finance Business Partner and Regional Director with the cost information from the final submission. This should be in the form of a Win-to-Deliver Handover folder and contain all relevant cost, cash-flow and asset management information required to produce a Project Budget;
- making recommendations to Regional Directors on how to drive additional margin from winning projects, using intimate knowledge of the cost build up and planning process;
- facilitating engagement with costs (held within pricing models) for key personnel such as Bid Managers, Project Managers and GardaWorld Business Partners – allowing access to key cost information;
- supporting spreadsheet modelling and file management best practice at all times;
- support the VP of Commercial Support with the production of internal reports relating to competitor analysis and internal investment.
The Manager, Pricing is accountable to the Senior Manager, Pricing for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
Refer to GardaWorld Authority Matrix.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to follow clear instructions and be confident reporting into Senior Management
- A high level of initiative
- Excellent time management
- Capability to work collaboratively with all departments
- Proficient across the MS Office suite of programs
- Expert in the use of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Methodical approach
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience.
- Degree qualified.
- A Passed Finalist of a relevant accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA) would be desirable but not essential.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.