No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You are curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors. You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You accelerate all business opportunity in multichannel environment and be an entrepreneurial speaking partner and owner of the total Sales Department.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University Graduate in Business Administration or Commerce
- 5+ years in Sales in a managerial role in home furnishing business, IKEA experience is highly preferred
- Strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings.
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership abilities
- Manage and develop people in a high volume
- Highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
- Fluency in written and spoken English
About the Role
You are responsible for looking after the sales functions according to the IKEA operating concept, including all activities in assigned market. You will direct a sales team and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Responsible for driving sales and commerciality with commercial calendar, add on/activity sales, double exposure and other sales promoting actions.
- Manage all operating costs related to your departments.
- Achieve the sales budget and gross margin goals set by the store manager for Market Hall and Showroom.
- Make sure that sales forecasts are adapted to the sales in order to achieve an optimal goods flow.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines and determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the store manager for your areas (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI).
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Plan together with the Communication and Interior (Comm-in) Design Team the presentation of the store merchandising in line with the IKEA concept and guidelines, as well as evaluate the results so as to achieve sales targets. In addition, provide input regarding style and target groups in order to ensure the planning of the sales areas.
- Keep up to date with the competition in the furnishing industry so as to contribute to future development of the IKEA business.
- B2B – ensure work with Regional B2B Manager to support growth in the B2B market.
- Direct the implementation of store activities with support to the marketing campaign and evaluation of business and article performance.
- Work with stake holders to ensure GPS and Range is relevant to the market
- Work with the Logistics Team to ensure sell through of stock.
- Managing Concrete and slow-moving products
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provide effective leadership to a culturally diverse team of sales staff.
- Be responsible for selection of competent staff and their on-going motivation, training and development.
- Undertake Duty Manager Responsibilities as required in the IKEA Store, and carry out any other reasonable request by the store management team.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.