The Supply Chain Development Regional Manager is part of Maersk’s Global Supply Chain Development (SCD) function within Maersk Sales & Marketing. The role reports into one of the regional heads of SCD and is a key contributor towards logistics solution sales wins for Maersk’s largest customers i.e. Key Clients.
The role will involve working closely with account managers for the respective customers to identify, qualify and pitch compelling value propositions to new and existing logistics customers. Through high impact customer engagement, thought leadership and in-depth understanding of logistics industry and Maersk services, the supply chain development regional manager creates customized and innovative supply chain solutions for Maersk’s customers. The role will be customer facing and will involve working with commercial pursuit teams for nominated customers – from the Key Client portfolio.
The role will also contribute to the continued improvement and innovation in the Supply Chain Development team and the larger commercial organization and thereby be recognized globally as a thought leader.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
This role provides a great opportunity for a person to further their career in a commercial setting within supply chain management & logistics industry. The person will work with top executives within Maersk and the customer organisations thereby providing exposure to the latest developments in supply chain & logistics industry.
To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work.
At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief. Diversity is our great strength and our continued goal, evidenced in our current work to significantly boost the number of women in senior management positions.
- Focus on Supply Chain solution sales with most important customers (Key Clients) by identifying and qualifying opportunities with them (through direct customer engagements)
- Lead the identification of customer’s Supply Chain needs/ pain points and develop tailored Maersk value proposition to fit customer needs – as per the assignment from Supply Chain Development Leadership team
Engage: Internal and external stakeholders to enable wins in key commercial opportunities
- Engage effectively with internal stakeholders in respective region (customer account managers, sales leaders, product managers) for SCD to be effective in identifying and winning opportunities
- Enable SCD to be a differentiator for Maersk through high-value engagements
Enable: Development of team capabilities, toolkits and culture to setup a scalable model for the future
- Contribute to repeatable frameworks for supply chain solution selling and supporting analyses
- Contribute to a global team culture of Thought Leadership, Collaboration & Best practice sharing
- Support SCD leadership team in key priority tasks concerning SCD team
We are looking for
- Candidate with 5+ years’ experience in supply chain management and logistics preferably within a 3PL, logistics consulting firm and/or global corporation
- Consultative sales experience in logistics demonstrating customer-centric mindset in direct customer engagements
- Excellent understanding of logistics solutions and operations covering all modes of international transportation, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce, 4PL solutions
- Expertise in supply chain modelling and analysis, with good knowledge of supply chain optimization methodologies and tools
- Proficient in stakeholder management with proven capability to build strong networks and influence decision makers in a matrix organization structure
- Ability to manage cross-functional and remote project teams with well-developed capabilities in project management
- Resilient to change and comfortable with fast shifting priorities, workload and responsibilities
- Self-starter, self-motivator, comfortable with high level of autonomy, while also a team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Competent and confident public speaker
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain, or a similar discipline is required
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management & Logistics or MBA is highly desirable
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and local language required. Multilingual is highly desirable.
- Subject matter expertise in supply chains of either one or more major industry verticals like retail, lifestyle / fashion, technology, FMCG, Chemicals or Automotive is highly desirable
- Competent in creating written business case recommendations, encompassing financial, service, risk, and sustainability factors
- Innovative and creative thinker, with strong problem-solving skills and comfort with managing uncertainties
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.