McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald’s serving international favorites.
This is a newly formed role within the Segment Technology Team, responsible for providing technology adoption program planning and support across the 69 markets in multiple geographies. The job involves collaboration and partnership with various internal and external partner groups such as Global technology planning team, developmental licensee market leaders, CIOs, SMEs, Segment technology leaders.
The right person will be motivated to work with team members, partners and suppliers across the globe, proactively build relationships and foster a culture of collaboration and partnership through co-creation of technology deployment and adoption plans that align with our corporate technology strategies and objectives. The role requires a holistic eye for business to map Global Technology and business strategies and derive adoption plans for the individual business units.
This role reports into the Sr. Director of Segment technology, IDL MEA, Europe & Latin America Business Units and based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
1. Adoption Program Planning & Support
- Develop a narrative of how the high-level Technology strategy drives the Velocity Growth plan for the respective business units using the Global Adoption strategy as the primary reference.
- Build out adoption plans for each respective IDL segment, ensuring consideration for existing initiatives across Global Technology, Global Digital and Markets’ plans.
- Work in partnership with Global team to lead demand and prioritization of initiatives across markets. Approach must include return on investment to enable prioritization and ensure accountability.
- Assist with adhoc reporting of adoption against a baseline plan as required.
2. Collaboration and partnership
- Work with planning team in the development of a rolling 90-day deployment plan based on defined scope & requirements to ensure markets and Global partners are aligned on agreed deliverables
- Work with the segment technology team to track projects in progress, run internal steering calls to remove obstacles and facilitate decision making for on time completion of planned projects and programs.
- Support the segment technology leaders with the communication of our Technology and Adoption strategy and plans, developing materials required for IDL steering calls.
- Position the IOM BU and IDL Segments for success by sharing our successes and achievements through the right channels.
4. Governance and partner management
- Prepare reports to monitor ongoing projects and programs, risks and issues and advance to leadership when required.
- Facilitate faster decision making through regular steering calls with all partners.
- Support interpersonal need for strategic analyses and presentations as required.
- Update and maintain all relevant market data and inventory, produce relevant reports and heat maps and feed that into the decision making process.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to lead without authority.
- Experience with overseeing multiple work streams in multiple markets.
- Strong project management skills (organizing and leading the expectations of multiple partners, approvals processes, timelines, ensuring relevant parties are made aware of project landmarks/achievements/risks and outcomes).
- Advanced Skills on Microsoft Power Point Presentation & Excel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to gather and coordinate information.
- Keen understanding of the business that enables proactive risk management and issues resolutions.
- While a technical background is not essential, a passion for technical knowledge is appreciated.
- Lead multiple projects and work streams and prioritize workload as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with international markets.
- Project management experience.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.