We are currently looking for a Secretary for our Litigation Department in our DIFC office.
Activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform typing and transcription duties as required.
- Take and transcribe dictation accurately.
- Maintain files and correspondence in accordance with established company procedures.
- Retrieve records and correspondence on request.
- Monitor the progress of various assignments and take necessary steps to keep projects on course.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements and schedule appointments.
- Assess and prioritise workload effectively.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and re-route them to other personnel as required.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Possess excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- Secondary School Graduate.
- Law firm experience as secretary for 3 years minimum
- Type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc)
- Working hours 9am to 6pm (need candidate to be flexible)
Al Tamimi boasts the largest and broadest full service Litigation Practice in the Middle East. Our team of highly qualified and experienced practitioners from the Middle East, Europe, Australia, Africa and North America bring a breadth and depth of legal expertise and experience that is unequalled in the region. Our lawyers have rights of audience before the local courts, including the DIFC Courts, and the ability to practice the local laws of all jurisdictions in which we operate. Our clients rely on our global perspective and on our in-depth knowledge and understanding of local and regional laws. Having the international skills and talent while remaining a regional firm is one of the great pillars of our success. We have the technical expertise and capability to advise clients and conduct all types of litigation in the region including Commercial, Employment, Banking, Transport, Insurance, Construction, IP, and Criminal Cases. We also have a large and very well known Real Estate Litigation Practice where we represent many of the major developers in the region. In addition to this, we have been handling an increasing number of cutting-edge mortgage enforcement cases. Our clients range from banks and corporations to government departments and the most high-profile family run companies in the region and globally. Broadly, our practice is split between regional local litigation, Arabic litigation, and cases before the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) courts. Our leading DIFC court practice has handled some of the most high profile cases heard in the DIFC Court to date.
Al Tamimi & Company is one of the leading law firms in the Middle East and the largest law firm in the region, with presence in all of the six GCC countries. Established in 1989, the firm has 57 partners, staff of over 670, and 17 offices in nine countries throughout the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman and Egypt.
The firm specialises in advising major international corporations and financial institutions, Middle East banks and government organisations, businesses and families in their global operations and investments. It has particular expertise in arbitration & ADR, banking & finance, dispute resolution & litigation, IP & data security, shipping & aviation, project & infrastructure finance, real estate & construction, corporate & commercial, technology, media & telecommunications, insurance and private client.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.