No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to priorities and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT field, preferably in the retail sector
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2013 onwards is a must.
- Able to solve technical and software problems and apply preventive actions
- Have IT security awareness
- Strong team player and good communication
- Flexible with time and willingness to support/attend calls outside office hours (if needed)
- IT Project Management
- Change Management
- ERP or Retail Systems Knowledge & POS
- Excellent communication skills
About the role
You are responsible to effectively manage & support the Microsoft Navision Master Version tools (ERP) for the IKEA stores within the UAE with additional focus on new store with clearly defined business process & working methods that are in line within the concept framework and guidelines. You will also be responsible for new store build-up & project implementation in coordination with Regional Service office team.
Key Specific Accountabilities
IT Tools (Multi Channel) & Business Processes
- Store Master Version Microsoft Navision, QlikSense, Microsoft CRM & IKEA IT infrastructure.
- Manage the ERP systems for efficiently operating the business processes with well-maintained IXP/EDDA data.
- Implement necessary Master Version upgrades (Service packs & Hot Fixes) in coordination with Regional IT team
- Coordinate all local technical upgrade and implementations across the stores and its standardization for increased efficiency.
- Ensure all current systems and infrastructure is managed day to day, including servers and services.
- Database administration for store systems including integrated data flow to regional systems.
- Part of the new store buildup team to setup the full store infrastructure in coordination with Regional IKEA & AFG’ team
- New store project management – IT Infrastructure, telecommunication, Navision & LS Retail implementation, Extended LAN and IKEA Tools, Digital TV Solution, CCTV, Visitor Counting, DOMS,IP Telephony, as per IIS B.V recommended standard IT Platform.
- Roll-out any IT tools launched by Inter-IKEA for existing & upcoming stores; in coordination with Regional IT Project Manager
- User access & authorization management in MV apps
- Provide 24hr assistance when required for the retail support functions (x3 stores, x1 cocp) & external warehouse operations.
- Manage & maintain all data replication/integration modules for data consistency across the MV platform
- Coordinate with IKEA IT(Sweden) on all IKEA Systems – EDI (IXP) – Supply chain, PTAG plus, IKEA Toolbox, Home Planner (IHP2), IRW, XLAN, e-com, etc.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.