To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the FCC Strategy by escalating appropriate FCC and AML issues and executing activities in line with Guidance documents.
- Develop thorough knowledge of bank products across all segments (i.e. retail, commercial, private, correspondent banking and trade) and the ability to execute end-to-end investigations across all segments, with guidance from G7 or line manager where necessary.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- In line with AAA procedures, responsible for processing AML investigations end to end, from initial referral through to the outcome of the case (closure in ECM/escalation to regulators).
- Processing and concluding cases allocated in a timely manner within agreed TATs whilst maintaining Quality Control/Quality Assurance results in line with Group and local expectations.
- Timely initiation of follow up actions including heightened monitoring, CDD review and list additions.
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend enhancement of appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the governance and oversight of FCC-related policies and procedures in Region to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to FCC.
People and Talent
- Promote a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Ensure forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management, streamlined workflows and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Individual accountability for Learning and Development Plans and execution.
- Support the day to day management of FCC Investigations activity for the UAE by developing and deploying sound analytical skills to produce balanced judgements in relation to financial crime risk.
- Utilize existing data analytic tools, techniques and systems to optimize the quality of casework and ensure efficiency to include systems such as iCDD, eOPS, Accuity, etc.
- Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on ECM and various internal trackers including the RFI tracker and SAR log.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, Trade, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Identify and highlight any compliance gaps in existing controls or relevant systems.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of FCC’s Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant stakeholders
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and support in remediation actions within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the UAE FCC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Comply with all regulations promulgated by UAE Central Bank and DFSA.
- Country FCC and compliance teams
- Sanctions teams
- FCC Controls team
- FCC Operations
- FCC Screening
- Direct manager and countersigning manager
- Embed Here for Good and Group’s brand and values in UAE FCC.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Relevant qualifications such as ACAMS and SCB FCC Academy.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.