The Protocol department is responsible for planning, implementing and delivering the Protocol program before, during and after Expo 2020.
The role of the Head of Protocol Operations is to assist the Protocol Department to implement the strategy and management of the expo site protocol operations while developing and creating a world-class Protocol experience for all its stakeholder in the lead up and during Expo 2020 event time.
- The incumbent has the responsibility but it is not limited to define short and long term goals and objectives for the site functions & operations through a clear event piano key;
– Plan the Protocol activities within the expo site to ensure Expo 2020 provides the highest international standards; proactively champion Protocol to different internal & external stakeholders, to ensure a world- class delivery across Expo 2020 departments such as but not limited to Accreditation, Transport, Logistics & Venue Management as well as creating protocol services and operational deliverables while monitoring internal department progression and human resources distribution on site;
- He/she will be responsible to communicate and coordinate the protocol activities under the continuous exchange of information with all relevant departments leads from time to time and participating in the development of the Protocol Department workforce operations distribution on site;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs;
- Embed culture and vision Expo 2020 by role-modelling organizational behaviors through performance management, feedback and coaching.
11+ years of Protocol and Protocol events experience, 7+ years of experience in managing teams on/off-site, deployment and staff management, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant field;
- Experience in “Arabic Hospitality” and UAE culture will be set as a relevant plus during the selection process as well as Professional Ethics, Cultural Sensitivity, Stability & Resilience and the Highest Standard of Personal Motivation and Integrity are considered mandatory for the post;
- Strong diplomatic, management & operational capabilities;
- Approachable, active listening skills and encourages growth and team work with the department and organization;
- Confident, capable collaborative manager, with exceptional attention to detail and time management;
- Project management, financial and planning management skills;
- Strong communications skills, collaborative and cultural sensitivity.