No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Graphic Communications design, Media and Typography
- 3 – 5 years experience in Interior Design, IKEA experience is preferred
- Deep interest in and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Project management and store layout experience
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
- Creative, commercial and visual expert
About the role
You are responsible to secure that the graphic standards that are implemented in the IKEA store are in line with the IKEA manuals.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Deliver high quality graphic solutions throughout the store.
- Plan, implement and follow up all projects in the store based on work briefs developed by Sales Managers and Com& In manager.
- Ensure that all graphic communication supports the IKEA visual Identity, IKEA trademark and IKEA pricing as described in the IKEA manuals.
- Maintain a high level of know how regarding the software and hardware used to produce all graphic communication.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools and material with environmental awareness.
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers and the Interior Designers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all graphic designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment, so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Make sure all graphic designers have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the graphic designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise, and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.