As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
SEA FREIGHT SUPERVISOR
About the Job:
We are currently looking for an experienced Sea Freight Supervisor to join Al Futtaim Logistics in Dubai. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will monitor and ensure all KPI’s set by the department are met by team / self and handle Sea Freight Import and/or Export operation in coordination with Internal and External customers in an efficient manner. You will also handle additional tasks distributed as and when situation arises for the smooth running of the department. You will coordinate with shipping lines, stakeholders and other parties related to quotes.
Specifically, your key responsibilities are as follows:
- To monitor and effectively manage each & every job in a timely manner for the customers allocated.
- To monitor and ensure timely postings of Dubai Trade, DP world, COO charges, updation of Tracker and accurate invoicing including processing of Certificate of Origin and Customs Declarations.
- To monitor and ensure Job registration, update of details in Cargowise, Invoicing within 3 days of job execution, e-docs (within 30 days of job completion) to be managed efficiently.
- To coordinate, monitor and ensure timely collection of delivery order for import shipment and/or execution of export order.
- To monitor and ensure all fields in Cargowise are entered to ensure data accuracy.
- To ensure and handle additional customers jobs as and when situation arises especially during annual leave and as disseminated by the Operations Manager.
- To monitor and ensure to avoid errors related to payment of customs amendment charges and/or fines
- To monitor and ensure CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) score reaches 4.5 (Out of 5) and Employee Engagement Score to 4.5 out of 5.
- To monitor and ensure CMP/CLS (Job Closing)is done within 60days of Job Opening, ensuring none of the files are opened more than 90 days of job opening
- To update NCSR (Non-Compliance Tracker) on regular basis
The successful candidate should possess a Degree or Diploma preferably in Supply Chain or Logistics. You should have at least 5 years’ experience as a Sea Freight Supervisor / Team Leader in the UAE. Experience in Sea freight operations and import processes is mandatory! You must have knowledge of UAE & GCC customs and shipping regulations
You should have the ability to build and maintain friendly, warm relationships with customer. You should have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and has the ability to solve problems quickly.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.