The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the financial aspects of EXPO 2020. The department functions include planning organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling finances, as well as reporting and producing financial statements.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Budgeting and Financial planning will be to manage financial planning team to deliver annual budget Oversee cash flow forecasting. Oversee the Budgeting financial control process. Identify value in kind utilization opportunities across the board. Lead the budgeting team to improve the budgeting, and reporting process. Support Business unit to drive cost optimization. Governance and review the approvals of new project and tactical initiatives. Support Finance management decisions. Built a high-performance culture amongst the finance planning team.
- Support and lead the budgeting team to work with the business to drive and develop the budget and outlook activities for assigned areas, including the review and approval process for both OpEx and CapEx;
- Review submitted budget and validate budget assumptions and trends before final submission to management;
- Financial Monthly review with all team members to Provide insightful and overview the commentary for all variances to budgets/outlooks, ensuring that this provides assigned areas with key actions to remediate variances;
- Own cost control processes for assigned areas, including cost performance analysis and financial investigations;
- Advise management of significant variances in performance/projects and support solutions for possible corrective actions;
- Advise functional areas on any potential operational improvements and contribute ideas to the departmental heads and Finance;
- Meet head of department regularly to discuss budget.
10+ years of experience in finance;
- A bachelors degree within a relevant field;
– Minimum Accounting qualification requirement – MBA/CMA/CIMA, ICA/ACCA or CA/CPA (Accounting & Business Management;
- Strong managerial skills and must have past experience to manage finance planning team;
- Good understanding of operations projects and budgets;
- Strong Understanding of budgeting and reporting requirements and IFRS standards;
- Financial modeling skills with proficiency knowledge in MS Office applications;
- Analytical ability with good understanding of business, detail oriented and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary;
- Able to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous tasks.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.